Plasto exhibition from today
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- Watch video: Baba Ramdev caught on camera discussing money with BJP candidate
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day
- Election Commission lifts ban on BJP leader Amit Shah after he promises to behave
Plasto 2012, the 6th International Plasto Exhibition and Seminar, will be held from December 20-23 at the Auto Cluster Exhibition Centre, Chinchwad. Pimpri Mayor Mohini Lande will preside over the inauguration ceremony on December 20. Bipin Shaha will inaugurate the exhibition. Ashutosh Gor, president AIPMA; Arvind Mehta, executive director of CIPAD; and Shashikant Bugde, chairman, Cosmos Bank, will be present on the occasion. Plasto 2012 will showcase newer products, materials, machinery and technology in plastic industry. Also, to promote the correct use of plastics and remove misconceptions on the use of plastics is one of the main themes of the exhibition that will highlight how "recycling, reducing littering, using newer plastic materials and greener plastics can help preserve planet earth and conserve natural resources", said a statement.
DSK Energy awards given away
The DSK Energy Awards for the year 2012 were presented recently. Prof D S Gandhe won the award for his outstanding contribution in energy sector in the individual category. Kirloskar Pneumatic Co Ltd, Hadapsar, won in the corporate category for its contribution in the energy sector and energy conservation. In the product category, Chandrakant Pathak won the award. D N Modak, Chief Engineer Electrical Hydro Projects, GOM, won for his contribution in the renewable energy category, and H N Bhat won for his contribution in the energy and environment sector. Speaking on the occasion, D S Kulkarni, CMD, DSK Group, said, "Energy conservation and environment protection is the need of the hour. It is inspiring and motivating to see how engineers work relentlessly to conserve these natural resources. To show gratitude towards such exemplary work, DSK Energy Award has been instituted." Also present on the occasion were chairman of the Institute of Engineers, Pune Local Centre, Dr D J Doke and convener, M A Toke. Anil Kelkar compered the show and Toke proposed a vote of thanks.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer