Playboy to launch first beach cafe in Goa in Jan-Mar quarter
- Telangana bill passage shows country can take difficult decisions: Prime Minister
- Top General speaks on 2012 troop movement: "Def Secy summoned me late night, said highest seat of power was worried, troops must go back quickly"
- âTroop movement shouldâve been avoided if they knew (V K Singhâs) court dateâ
- The 2012 troop movement investigations
- India slams Pakistan for allowing Masood Azhar to spew venom
Adult entertainment company Playboy today unveiled the Indian Playboy bunny today here "keeping in mind local sensibilities" and announced launch of its first beach cafe in Goa during January-March, 2013.
"Keeping in mind the fast evolving Indian luxury market, we plan to launch Playboy as an aspirational brand aimed mainly at Generation Y with its cafes, clubs, bars, hotels and merchandises. We have ensured that the Indian bunny costumes have been designed keeping in mind local sensibilities," PB Lifestyle CEO Sanjay Gupta told reporters here.
The format will be extended to cities like Hyderabad, Mumbai, New Delhi, Bangaluru, Kolkata, Chandigarh and Pune.
PB Lifestyle has brought the Playboy brand in an licencing agreement to India and plans to open 122 locations in the next 10 years, he said.
"We plan to be at 122 locations including 65 cafes, 49 bars and eight clubs in next ten years. We will be looking only at metro and Tier-I cities," he said.
PB Lifestyle, which will spend Rs 200 crore to set up Playboy clubs, bars and cafes over the next seven years, will raise the money through internal accruals, he said, adding that PB Lifestyle may also sub-franchise or sub-license the brand to raise funds.
The merchandise, which includes apparel and accessories for both men and women, besides fragrances, will be introduced in India during the second phase, Gupta said.
"In this segment also, we will keep in mind local taste and comfort," he added.
Playboy hotels are also in cards, but it will take some time till the right kind of property is found, he said, adding it might implemented during the second phase.
Gupta said that PB Lifestyle is working towards building Playboy as an aspirational and luxury brand in the country and erase all negative elements attached to it through an aggressive public relations campaign.
- What should common man expect when PM’s killers are freed: Rahul on Jayalalithaa’s decision
- Anna Hazare says, I support Mamata Banerjee for her ideas
- The regressive state | The Indian Express
- Top General speaks: Def Secy summoned me late night, said highest seat of power was worried, troops must go back quickly