'Player of the year' Rory McIlroy hails girlfriend as inspiration
- Lok Sabha elections: 9 ordinances, 4 for Rahul
- Willing to say sorry for any mistake, Rajnath Singh tells Muslims
- Top IM men have joined al-Qaeda, fighting in Af-Pak: NIA chargesheet
- 90,000 per seat: Young India could swing Elections 2014
- Sanjay Dutt out of jail 40% of time, Bombay HC asks why he is so special
Rory McIlroy couldn't stop gushing about his girlfriend Caroline Wozniacki, after he won the PGA Tour Player of the Year award on Tuesday.
"Seeing how hard she works and how hard she practises and how dedicated she is, it definitely flipped a switch with me that I could be a little more like that," the Telegraph quoted him as saying.
"She's definitely been a great influence on me. I've always felt like I've been dedicated to the game and I've practised hard and I've worked at it.
"But I guess over the past 18 months, especially after winning the US Open, I sort of felt like I went to the next stage of my career," he added.