'Player of the year' Rory McIlroy hails girlfriend as inspiration
- LIVE: Centre tables Land Bill amidst cries of 'kisan bachao, desh bachao'
- Full text of Prashant Bhushan's reply to AAP's show cause notice
- SC refuses to dismiss NGT's ban on older vehicles
- Oil paper leak: Court takes cognisance of chargesheet filed against accused
- On Delhi’s edge, a township of 25,000 more toxic than Delhi
Rory McIlroy couldn't stop gushing about his girlfriend Caroline Wozniacki, after he won the PGA Tour Player of the Year award on Tuesday.
"Seeing how hard she works and how hard she practises and how dedicated she is, it definitely flipped a switch with me that I could be a little more like that," the Telegraph quoted him as saying.
"She's definitely been a great influence on me. I've always felt like I've been dedicated to the game and I've practised hard and I've worked at it.
"But I guess over the past 18 months, especially after winning the US Open, I sort of felt like I went to the next stage of my career," he added.