'Player of the year' Rory McIlroy hails girlfriend as inspiration
- Fake degree row: Jitender Singh Tomar passing law examination confirmed, say officials
- 25 electrocuted, 30 injured after high tension wire falls on bus in Rajasthan
- ISIS, Pak flags waved in Srinagar, police registers FIR
- Bombay HC refuses to grant relief to Nestle, ban on Maggi to continue
- Delhi: Power tariff hiked by up to 6 per cent, to come into effect from Monday
Rory McIlroy couldn't stop gushing about his girlfriend Caroline Wozniacki, after he won the PGA Tour Player of the Year award on Tuesday.
"Seeing how hard she works and how hard she practises and how dedicated she is, it definitely flipped a switch with me that I could be a little more like that," the Telegraph quoted him as saying.
"She's definitely been a great influence on me. I've always felt like I've been dedicated to the game and I've practised hard and I've worked at it.
"But I guess over the past 18 months, especially after winning the US Open, I sort of felt like I went to the next stage of my career," he added.