Players want govt to step in, end dispute
- Congress backs Priyanka Gandhi as she hits out at opposition for 'targeting Robert Vadra without proof'
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Third FIR against Giriraj Singh; Muslims should not be afraid of BJP, says Joshi
- Would prefer to go to Pakistan than stop criticising Narendra Modi: Omar Abdullah
- IPL spot fixing: Do you want to probe charges against Srinivasan? SC asks Justice Mudgal panel
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, KXIP vs SRH: Can SRH bowlers put brakes on KXIP batsmen?
The 11 tennis players who are revolting against the tennis body have written to the sports ministry asking it to make "an inquiry into the actions of the AITA over the past few weeks".
"We believe that the AITA should divulge its reasoning behind the decision to field an inexperienced (Davis Cup) team (well before the Jan. 22 deadline)," Somdev Devvarman & Co. said in a statement. However, PK Deb, secretary, sports, said: "It is not in the purview of the sports ministry to intervene. AITA selected a team and they intimated us... (it) is not something the ministry can question the federation on, on a formal basis."
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready