Plea in SC to overhaul education
- Ashutosh, Shazia Ilmi taken for questioning over clashes with BJP
- I am more qualified for PM post than Narendra Modi: Nitish Kumar
- Doctors in UP call off strike after Allahabad HC's intervention
- Ukraine crisis: Crimea sets referendum on whether to join Russia
- SC adjourns Centreâs plea restraining TN from releasing Rajiv killers till March 26
The Supreme Court Monday sought responses from the Centre and others on a PIL demanding overhaul of the educational system for promotion of awareness on women's issues and, in particular, about sexual crimes against them.
A Bench led by Justice K S Radhakrishnan also asked the Centre to reply on directing the Ministry of Women and Child Development to frame social security schemes that are not just limited to compensation but also take into account employment and relevant aspects as rehabilitation mechanism for rape victims.
Referring to the Delhi gangrape case, the PIL by three lawyers has sought guidelines and directives to the Centre for compulsorily imparting education relating to importance of women as well as offences relating to women "so that this menace of sexual assault and violence, including rape, which is arising out of wrong mindset of the people can be curbed".
- UP cops slap sedition charge on Kashmiri students for cheering Pak, then withdraw it
- PC’s dig at MoD: Learn from sub accidents, ‘spend wisely’
- State’s auto-hubs among ‘expenditure-sensitive’ areas for Lok Sabha polls
- ‘Kejriwal, Yogendra indulging in identity politics’
- …Will field ex-IAS Christy against K V Thomas
- In Kerala, Left backs Independent Innocent…