PM hints at special package for bicycle industry in coming budget
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh has hinted on a special package for Punjab Industry in the coming budget session. This was revealed by a delegation of industrialists who met the Prime Minister along with CM Parkash Singh Badal and deputy CM Sukhbir Badal Wednesday at New Delhi.
President of All India cycle manufacturers association, Gurmeet Singh Kular said: "The PM indicated that bicycle industry will get a boost in the coming budget. We have asked for abolishing 2.06% central excise duty on bicycles, as the industry already pays 12.36% central excise on the raw material.
- Kejriwal-Centre showdown likely as AAP set to table Janlokpal Bill despite Law Ministryâ€™sÂ view
- Arvind Kejriwal may resign today over Jan Lokpal Bill, Cong and BJP unite in opposition
- Arvind Kejriwal and Narendra Modi: Twitter profile | The Indian Express
- â€˜I asked my wife to stop joking when she said Rs 3.75Â croreâ€™