PM Manmohan Singh invites China's Li Keqiang to visit India
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Appreciating the warmth and hospitality extended to him by the government here, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh today invited his Chinese counterpart Li Keqiang to visit India.
Manmohan Singh expressed his appreciation for the warmth of his reception and the hospitality extended by the Chinese government, said a joint statement issued after his talks with the Chinese leaders.
Manmohan Singh invited Premier Li to visit India at a time of mutual convenience, the joint statement said.
"I am delighted to be in Beijing once again at the invitation of Premier Li. I am touched by the warm welcome and the generous hospitality of the government and the people of China.
"I recalled to Premier Li how much India appreciated his decision to make India his first overseas destination after taking over as Premier," Singh told reporters after his meeting with Li earlier in the day.
The exchange of visits by the prime ministers within the same calendar year was the first since 1954.
Li had visited India in May.
- â€˜Someone should remind the CM weâ€™re also aam aadmi. But theyâ€™ve turned us intoÂ demonsâ€™
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun