PM promises to empower tribal bodies
- Rail Budget 2015: No hike in passenger fares, Prabhu promises modern rail network
- Rail Budget: Ally Shiv Sena not satisfied, but Mulayam says Prabhu has done a 'good job'
- Rail Budget futuristic and passenger centric: PM Modi
- PDP, BJP thrash out differences; all clear for Mufti-Modi meeting tomorrow
- Hummer horror: Senior policeman suspended for secretly meeting Kerala businessman
Urging the people to vote for the Congress in the upcoming election which would work for all sections of society including the socially and economically backwards, the Prime Minister said, "The party's manifesto has a progressive and inclusive agenda for the state."
Chief Minister Mukul Sangma said the Congress government-initiated projects and programs made impact on the lives of people in rural areas while the party responded to their aspirations through its schemes.
Party state president and former chief minister D D Lapang appealed to the Prime Minister to ensure security to students from Meghalaya and the region in their studies and workplaces in the country.