PM right person to speak on FDI, says WB guv
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- Watch video: Baba Ramdev caught on camera discussing money with BJP candidate
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day
- Election Commission lifts ban on BJP leader Amit Shah after he promises to behave
West Bengal Governor M K Narayanan on Wednesday said Prime Minister Manmohan Singh is the right person to speak on the issue of FDI in retail as he is an economist.
"The Prime Minister is looking after it. He is the right person to speak on the issue. He is an economist," Narayanan replied to a question after alighting from a train at New Jalpaiguri station on his way to Darjeeling.
To another question, he said the Mamata Banerjee government was doing well in tackling the Maoist problem in the state.
The governor would be holidaying in Darjeeling for a week.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer