PM right person to speak on FDI, says WB guv
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
West Bengal Governor M K Narayanan on Wednesday said Prime Minister Manmohan Singh is the right person to speak on the issue of FDI in retail as he is an economist.
"The Prime Minister is looking after it. He is the right person to speak on the issue. He is an economist," Narayanan replied to a question after alighting from a train at New Jalpaiguri station on his way to Darjeeling.
To another question, he said the Mamata Banerjee government was doing well in tackling the Maoist problem in the state.
The governor would be holidaying in Darjeeling for a week.