PM right person to speak on FDI, says WB guv
- Rahul on leave before budget session, BJP says people have already sent Cong on long leave
- 21 more deaths due to swine flu, toll reaches 833
- Anna protests against Land Acquisition Bill in Delhi, lashes out at Modi govt
- Budget: Finance Minister may announce policy plans to combat blackmoney
- Land Acquisition Act "suitably refined": President Pranab Mukherjee
West Bengal Governor M K Narayanan on Wednesday said Prime Minister Manmohan Singh is the right person to speak on the issue of FDI in retail as he is an economist.
"The Prime Minister is looking after it. He is the right person to speak on the issue. He is an economist," Narayanan replied to a question after alighting from a train at New Jalpaiguri station on his way to Darjeeling.
To another question, he said the Mamata Banerjee government was doing well in tackling the Maoist problem in the state.
The governor would be holidaying in Darjeeling for a week.