PM, Sonia Gandhi, Rahul Gandhi to visit Tripura for campaign
- Mad rush, chaos as Arvind Kejriwal takes local train to woo 'aam aadmi' in Mumbai
- SC defers hearing on Sahara's plea on releasing Subrata Roy
- Presidential delay in mercy petitions: SC won't reconsider verdict
- Lalu loyalist-turned rebel Ram Kripal Yadav joins BJP
- IAF aircraft on standby for missing Malaysian Airlines search ops
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Congress president Sonia Gandhi and party vice president Rahul Gandhi will be visiting Tripura this week to campaign for the Congress for the February 14 Assembly election.
Tripura Pradesh Congress member Pijush Biswas said, the Prime Minister will arrive here on February 9 and proceed to Ambassa, headquarter of the Dhalai district to address an election rally.
Sonia Gandhi will arrive here on the following day to address a public rally in Agartala, before returning on the same day, he said.
Rahul Gandhi will arrive on February 8 and is scheduled to address three election rallies in three districts on the same day.
"Rahul Gandhi will address a rally in Sonamura subdivisional town in Sipahijala district, Belonia subdivisional town in South Tripura district and Dharmanagar town in North Tripura district," Biswas said.
Meanwhile, two teams of Special Protection Guards (SPG) have already scrutinised the security arrangements in Agartala airport and the proposed sites of the rallies.
- Rs 1.28 lakh looted at gunpoint
- Venkaiah Naidu sure of BJP crossing ‘magic figure’ in south India
- AAP candidates truly ‘aam aadmi’: Prithvi Reddy
- Bangalore fund-raiser: Dine with Arvind Kejriwal for Rs 20,000
- AAP sounds Gul Panag about Lok Sabha poll, father says decision soon
- The real high and low: Drunk cop creates ruckus in court, held