PM, Sonia Gandhi, Rahul Gandhi to visit Tripura for campaign
- Congress says Togadia spreading venom; EC seeks recording of alleged hate speech
- Akhilesh Yadav tears into Narendra Modi bastion on maiden visit to Gujarat, says third front ready to govern
- Proponents of Article 370 should say how it has helped J&K: Rajnath Singh
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- IPL 7: CSK register 93-run victory over hapless DD
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Congress president Sonia Gandhi and party vice president Rahul Gandhi will be visiting Tripura this week to campaign for the Congress for the February 14 Assembly election.
Tripura Pradesh Congress member Pijush Biswas said, the Prime Minister will arrive here on February 9 and proceed to Ambassa, headquarter of the Dhalai district to address an election rally.
Sonia Gandhi will arrive here on the following day to address a public rally in Agartala, before returning on the same day, he said.
Rahul Gandhi will arrive on February 8 and is scheduled to address three election rallies in three districts on the same day.
"Rahul Gandhi will address a rally in Sonamura subdivisional town in Sipahijala district, Belonia subdivisional town in South Tripura district and Dharmanagar town in North Tripura district," Biswas said.
Meanwhile, two teams of Special Protection Guards (SPG) have already scrutinised the security arrangements in Agartala airport and the proposed sites of the rallies.
- Being the humans of Bombay
- Mere pass space hai
- A ‘woman Modi’ seeks votes for Mulayam Singh’s party in Indore
- They refused to vote because of Kalyan, vow to turn out now and shut his son out
- Ex-Ulfa leader upsets equations in Bodo bastion Kokrajhar
- In Maharashtra, Muslims bitter but see few options beyond Cong