PM, Sonia, Pranab cast their ballots in Presidential poll
- Assam woman who attended Rahul event dies of burn injuries, police say she's not the one who kissed him
- Aam Aadmi Party releases third list of candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- Varanasi: Rahul woos rickshawpullers, promises better livelihood
- State Forest Dept guest house is police custody for Sahara chief Subrata Roy
- War in Congress: Old soldiers fight Rahul brigade
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Congress chief Sonia Gandhi and UPA Presidential nominee Pranab Mukherjee today cast their ballots in the 14th Presidential election.
Congress leader Rahul Gandhi also joined the trio in exercising his franchise in the election where a clear favourite Mukherjee is pitted against P A Sangma sponsored by the BJP and some other Opposition parties.
Singh, Gandhi and Mukherjee waved at the group of camerapersons covering the elections.
Among the early voters were Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav, BSP supremo Mayawati, NCP President and Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar.
From the Opposition, BJP leaders Murli Manohar Joshi, Anurag Thakur, Yashodhara Raje, BJD leaders B Mahtab, Baijayant Panda, P K Patsani, were among the early voters.
Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs Harish Rawat said that over 350 electors had cast their ballots within the first hour since the polling began at 10 am.
As many as 699 MPs and eight MLAs are expected to exercise their franchise in Parliament House.