PM, Sonia, Pranab cast their ballots in Presidential poll
- Putin calls Turkey's downing of Russian jet 'stab in the back'
- Today, world looks towards India with great faith: PM in Singapore
- Aamir Khan at RNG awards: Here is the complete conversation
- Bomb attack on Tunisia presidential guard bus kills 11
- BJP MLA suspended from Delhi Assembly for abusing AAP legislator Alka Lamba
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Congress chief Sonia Gandhi and UPA Presidential nominee Pranab Mukherjee today cast their ballots in the 14th Presidential election.
Congress leader Rahul Gandhi also joined the trio in exercising his franchise in the election where a clear favourite Mukherjee is pitted against P A Sangma sponsored by the BJP and some other Opposition parties.
Singh, Gandhi and Mukherjee waved at the group of camerapersons covering the elections.
Among the early voters were Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav, BSP supremo Mayawati, NCP President and Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar.
From the Opposition, BJP leaders Murli Manohar Joshi, Anurag Thakur, Yashodhara Raje, BJD leaders B Mahtab, Baijayant Panda, P K Patsani, were among the early voters.
Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs Harish Rawat said that over 350 electors had cast their ballots within the first hour since the polling began at 10 am.
- Newspaper is supposed to expose corruption and injustice wherever it finds it
- For many Bangladeshis, they hint at closure for 1971
- The big question: Proper returns to farmers
- Delhi HC versus DDCA
- Frequent promulgation of ordinances has more to do with managerial ethos
- Indian peacekeeping abroad: Samantha Power shows some deft diplomacy