PM, Sonia, Rahul to campaign in Meghalaya
- Yadav, Bhushan wanted party's defeat in Delhi polls, allege AAP leaders
- Chhattisgarh PDS rice scam: probe widens as police find a list with names, alleged bribes
- Land bill on table, government tells opposition willing to make changes
- His last detention against norms, red flag pre-dated Mufti govt
- Assam MLA claims he warned cops before Dimapur lynching
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Congress president Sonia Gandhi and party vice-president Rahul Gandhi will campaign in Meghalaya later this month for the February 23 Assembly elections in the state.
Meghalaya Pradesh Congress president D D Lapang said on Thursday that the Prime Minister would arrive on February 15 and address an election rally in the state capital.
Sonia Gandhi would arrive here on February 19 to address a public rally at Jowai in the East Jaintia Hills district and in Tura in West Garo Hills district, considered a stronghold of former Lok Sabha Speaker P A Sangma.
Rahul Gandhi would address a rally at Khliehriat in East Jaintia Hills district and Nongpoh in Ri-Bhoi district the following day, Lapang said.
Union Ministers P Chidambaram, A K Anthony and Sushilkumar Shinde would also campaign here besides a host of Congress MPs, a statement from Congress Bhavan said.
Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi would campaign for two days in the Garo Hills beginning February 14.
Security has been strengthened in the areas to be visited by the VVIPs, police sources said.