PM, Sonia, Rahul to campaign in Meghalaya
- SC stays Teesta Setalvad's arrest till Friday
- Arvind Kejriwal meets PM Modi, raises issue of statehood
- We moved from politics of agitation to politics of hope, says Yogendra Yadav
- After Modi's rap, BJP workers shelve NaMo temple project in Rajkot
- Nitish parades his numbers, Bihar Governor calls Manjhi for floor test
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Congress president Sonia Gandhi and party vice-president Rahul Gandhi will campaign in Meghalaya later this month for the February 23 Assembly elections in the state.
Meghalaya Pradesh Congress president D D Lapang said on Thursday that the Prime Minister would arrive on February 15 and address an election rally in the state capital.
Sonia Gandhi would arrive here on February 19 to address a public rally at Jowai in the East Jaintia Hills district and in Tura in West Garo Hills district, considered a stronghold of former Lok Sabha Speaker P A Sangma.
Rahul Gandhi would address a rally at Khliehriat in East Jaintia Hills district and Nongpoh in Ri-Bhoi district the following day, Lapang said.
Union Ministers P Chidambaram, A K Anthony and Sushilkumar Shinde would also campaign here besides a host of Congress MPs, a statement from Congress Bhavan said.
Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi would campaign for two days in the Garo Hills beginning February 14.
Security has been strengthened in the areas to be visited by the VVIPs, police sources said.