PMC action on encroachers begins today
- SC slams BCCI over Lodha report: Better fall in line, or we will make you fall in line
- SAARC Summit: Now, Bangladesh, Bhutan and Afghanistan say they won't be going to Islamabad
- To isolate Pak, India pulls out of Islamabad SAARC summit
- Global competitiveness index: India jumps 16 ranks for second time, now at 39
- Shimon Peres, last surviving link to Israel's founding fathers, dies at 93
A day after the Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar directed the Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) administration to clean up the city's roads for streamlining traffic in the city, the civic administration has decided to undertake a drive against encroachments beginning Thursday.
"The focus would be on making the roads free of encroachment and allow smooth flow of traffic," said Ramesh Shelar, deputy municipal commissioner.
- Power struggle within weakens Samajwadi Party already undergoing an identity crisis in UP
- Preventive detention is being routinised as an instrument of state repression
- The challenge of garbage is set to grow, solid waste management plans need to be implemented
- After Uri, a replay of a 2001 predicament
- Any response to Uri must factor in Pakistani state’s relationship with non-state actors
- It is assumed that Blacks will vote 93 per cent for Clinton, seven per cent for Trump