PMC action on encroachers begins today
- We condemn the flogging of Dalit men in Gujarat, says Rajnath Singh
- India cannot suppress voice of Kashmiris, should hold plebiscite: Nawaz Sharif
- Hockey legend Mohammed Shahid passes away
- Ambiguity on Navjot Singh Sidhu's status in BJP as no official word on resignation from party
- 7th Pay Commission: Govt to examine pay parity between IAS, non-IAS officers
A day after the Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar directed the Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) administration to clean up the city's roads for streamlining traffic in the city, the civic administration has decided to undertake a drive against encroachments beginning Thursday.
"The focus would be on making the roads free of encroachment and allow smooth flow of traffic," said Ramesh Shelar, deputy municipal commissioner.
- UN faces a crisis, but its new secretary general is unlikely to upset tradition
- South China Sea verdict has changed the ground rules for future engagement with China
- Empowering women through JAM
- Resolution of citizen grievances is an indicator of the performance of government departments
- Telescope: Grace and the lack of it
- The endeavour for a common civil law must be to end discrimination, and not stamp majority might