PMC general body okays draft development plan
- Nepal Earthquake: Rains, fresh tremors hamper rescue works, toll tops 2,500
- Nepal earthquake: 22 climbers dead in avalanche on Mt Everest
- Nepal Earthquake: Air services resumed to Kathmandu
- NDRF rescue team begins sifting through rubble in Nepal
- Heavy rains likely in quake-hit Nepal, warns Indian Meteorological Dept
In the draft plan, the PMC has made provisions of public toilets for women across the city and also constructing reservoirs.
For affordable housing, projects on private land will be given 2.5 FSI if the owner decides to develop it through MHADA with assurance of tenements being distributed in the share of 50 per cent to owner, 25 per cent to MHADA and 25 per cent to PMC. It has been proposed that conservancy staff with 15 years of continuous service will get free housing. While proposing cluster development scheme to resolve the issue of dilapidated wadas, the PMC has ensured that tenants get at least a 25-square metre apartment in the new building. Widening of 321 kilometres of roads has been proposed, along with laying of 96-km new roads.