PMC increases property tax by 6% from April
- Supreme Court recognises third gender, glimmer of hope for gays
- Train derails in Assam, at least 50 passengers injured
- Narendra Modi glue binds splintered Maharashtra
- Muslims afraid of Modi, but Rajnath like Atal: Shia cleric
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Sonia Gandhi to address first poll rally in Telangana today
The corporators asked the civic administration to increase the staff for property tax department so that the PMC is able to bring the left out properties in tax net. "There are at least around 30 per cent properties that are not assessed by property tax department and the civic body is losing revenue due to this," they said, adding, additional staff would help in finding such properties for taxation and will thus increase the PMC revenue.
However, the PMC would continue the discounts provided to property owners who pay property tax in advance and also those who occupy the property themselves. The tax rebate also continues for those implementing eco-friendly initiative of vermiculture composting, rainwater harvesting, solar light.