PMC plans wax museum styled on Madame Tussauds
- Supreme Court commutes death penalty of Devinderpal Singh Bhullar to life term
- Former Pak President Pervez Musharraf indicted in treason case
- I-T looking into cheques to M S Dhoni by Amrapali group
- Cracks showing, BCCI chips off Srinivasan-owned India Cements
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Kejriwal to meet L-G Najeeb Jung, will request for elections in Delhi
The proposal by corporators seeks to recreate scenes of the freedom struggle using wax statues of freedom fighters to inspire citizens
The Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) administration has given a positive response to corporators' proposal for a wax museum on the lines of Madame Tussauds at the Mahatma Phule Museum in Shivajinagar. The proposal seeks to recreate scenes of the freedom struggle using wax statues of freedom fighters to inspire citizens.
"The civic body will have to take the opinion of experts and appoint a consultant for building such a museum. Since the Mahatma Phule Museum comes under the purview of the state government, it will be necessary to get their permission and suggestions," officials said.
The civic administration said that it is possible to come up with such a museum.
"There have been many incidents and movements from 1857 to 1947 that can be highlighted to spread awareness about the freedom struggle among the new generation. Students from all over the world come to the city for higher education and such a museum would help them gain more knowledge about our freedom struggle. This will also help the city get worldwide recognition," officials added.
- Nilekani squandered national resources to US firm: Swamy
- Autonomy: CBI chief says don’t view our demand with suspicion
- I want to stop poverty, they want to stop me: Modi
- Kanda gives Hooda’s road show a miss, to form party
- Air Force sends flight data recorder to US for analysis
- 41 letters in 3 yrs fail to move NHAI as accidents continue