PMC plans wax museum styled on Madame Tussauds
- RJD splits as 13 MLAs desert Lalu Prasad for Nitish Kumar, but six âreturnâ
- No death penalty for Italian marines, Centre tells Supreme Court
- Rahul slams Modi on migrant issue, says BJP playing divisive politics
- Rajiv Gandhi assassination case: SC to hear Centre's plea on restraining TN govt from releasing convicts
- Leopard on the loose in Meerut, officials order closure of schools and colleges
The proposal by corporators seeks to recreate scenes of the freedom struggle using wax statues of freedom fighters to inspire citizens
The Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) administration has given a positive response to corporators' proposal for a wax museum on the lines of Madame Tussauds at the Mahatma Phule Museum in Shivajinagar. The proposal seeks to recreate scenes of the freedom struggle using wax statues of freedom fighters to inspire citizens.
"The civic body will have to take the opinion of experts and appoint a consultant for building such a museum. Since the Mahatma Phule Museum comes under the purview of the state government, it will be necessary to get their permission and suggestions," officials said.
The civic administration said that it is possible to come up with such a museum.
"There have been many incidents and movements from 1857 to 1947 that can be highlighted to spread awareness about the freedom struggle among the new generation. Students from all over the world come to the city for higher education and such a museum would help them gain more knowledge about our freedom struggle. This will also help the city get worldwide recognition," officials added.
- 4 more bodies found on Arunachal border, curfew in Assam town
- ‘Polls have come in the way of new norms for tech institutes’
- Food security Act also covers foreign nationals, refugees, says Law Ministry
- Lokayukta meets Bhardwaj over Bill
- Days before school admissions start, HC order on RTE creates confusion
- NGO seeks funds to train HIV+ patients