PMC server konks off, several departments hit
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
Functioning of various departments at the Pune Municipal Corporation have come to a standstill as the server of the civic body konked off.
For over a week now, various departments have been affected, the worst hit being the the birth and death registration department and the building permission department.
The technical problem also hurt work at the property tax office and the octroi department where revenue collection is done through its network connected software. "There is no work being carried out for the last week at birth and death registration office of PMC. This situation has arisen due to failure of the server," said a civic officer.
Officials of the PMC IT department said that the problem will be resolved by Monday and until then then network connected services would remain affected. The website of the PMC is also not accessible and the property tax department is finding it difficult to record the revenue collection. Operations at octroi posts have also been affected as they are also connected to the server.