PMC sets aside budget for citizens’ projects, then struggles to spend it
- LIVE: ISI supports LeT, JeM and Hizbul, David Headley tells court
- J&K govt formation: Ram Madhav to hold talks with Mehbooba Mufti to break impasse
- Soldier, who survived Siachen avalanche, being flown to Delhi hospital
- DDCA row: Delhi HC dismisses Kirti Azad's plea seeking court-monitored probe
- Net bad assets of govt banks a third of their net worth
Naim Keruwala of Janwani said there was good response to the initiative of creating awareness and providing guidance to fill up the application for suggesting development works in their respective area. "The number of suggestions were 600 in 2012-2013 and they increased to 3,300 for the coming financial year. This also increased the budgetary provision for the purpose," he added.
Despite concerns over poor implementation, PMC has increased the budgetary provision from Rs 26.24 crore in 2012-13 to Rs 36.9 crore for the financial year 2013-14. Keruwala said Janwani would also keep track on the implementation of the citizen participatory budget.