PMC signs MoU with San Jose
- Cricketer Mohd Kaif, Nilekani, Ravi Kishen among 194 in Congress' first list of candidates for the Lok Sabha polls
- Yeddyurappa among 52 Bharatiya Janata Party candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- Ink attack on AAP leader Yogendra Yadav at Jantar Mantar
Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the city of San Jose, California for sustainable cities partnership during a visit by political leaders led by Mayor Vaishali Bankar to the United States.
"Both the cities will share, apply and deploy sustainable city planning and development strategies for urban centres in Indian and USA," Bankar said on Wednesday.
She said the cities will also explore activities to promote cooperation in the areas of energy efficiency and conservation towards mitigating climate impacts.
They will seek opportunities to partner on demonstration, field trials, and joint development projects for emerging technologies to assist in the commercialisation efforts of promising next generation technologies, Bankar said.
- A youth leader takes on Congress veteran in the NE primary
- On Women’s Day, ECI holds special campaign to woo women voters
- Disgruntled Aam Aadmi Party worker smears ink on Yogendra Yadav’s face
- Welfare Party of India fields candidates in 18 seats
- Mid-day meal workers clash with police, a few injured
- Indigo plane catches fire on landing, none hurt