PMO gives hope to freedom fighter battling for pension
- BJP terms Jadavpur University a 'hub of anti-national elements' after clashes
- Don't fall in trap of schools giving useless degrees, warns Raghuram Rajan
- Hindu extremist cases: No pressure from either UPA or NDA, says NIA chief
- Most death row prisoners from backward caste groups, minorities: Law University Report
- Govt tightening screws: PM Modi on campaign trail
Durve is not the only one who has taken up the issue of freedom fighters. Veteran freedom fighter Haribhau Limaye, who has taken up several cases of freedom fighters' families not getting pension said it is sad that Pulee has to battle it out at his age. He explains that as per government procedure, two kinds of pension are disbursed, one for freedom fighters who were jailed for more than six months and the other for those who spent less than six months in jail."The amounts are different and the freedom fighters association have been arguing that the pension amount disbursed be the same considering the cost of living,'' states Limaye.