PMO likely to approve special package for roads
- Disquiet in BJP as M M Joshi, Sushma raise questions over selected candidates and seat sharing
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- Subrata Roy arrest row: The not-so-beautiful story
- Vajpayee wanted Modi to quit over Gujarat riots, but party said no: Naidu
- Rest in freeze: Is Ashutosh Maharaj 40-day âclinically deadâ or a guru in a very long meditation?
Both NHAI and the road transport ministry have together been able to award only 1,600 km of road projects as compared to a target of 9,600 km set by the PMO that was revised downwards to 8,800 km.
The road transport ministry's plan to award 4,000 km of road projects on Engineering Procurement and Contract basis is also unlikely to happen due to delay in approvals.