PMO tweet misspells name of Japanese empress
- Parliament LIVE: Snooping on Rahul not right, says Congress; 'Asking for facts is not snooping'
- Waste paper to phone use: Govt revives checklist against leaks
- 14 booked for church vandalism in Haryana, cross replaced with Hanuman idol
- Pakistan: Protesters hit the streets after blasts near Lahore churches leave 15 dead
- No arrests in Bengal nun ‘rape’, church attack, local Christians nervous
The government faced some embarrassing moments soon after the Japanese royal couple landed at New Delhi on Saturday evening.
Even as the Prime Minister and his wife went to receive emperor Akihito and empress Michiko at the airport, his twitter handle misspellt the name of the empress as Kimicho.
The mistake was spotted within minutes and went viral on the social media. The tweet was soon deleted by the PMO but not before the Japanese embassy noticed the error. Japanese officials said this was an important symbolic visit and should treated with care.
PM's communications advisor Pankaj Pachauri said: "It was a typographical error which was corrected immediately."