PMPML decides to appoint experts for dedicated BRTS cell
- The gongs of Behmai: 35 years on, will justice be served?
- Mann Ki Baat: Start-up India to crop insurance, here's all that Modi said
- J-K crisis: Mehbooba to chair PDP meet, discuss govt formation
- MCD strike: Kejriwal supports demands of protesting employees
- Fifth Column: Hope PM Modi has realised that India is not Gujarat
Given the hue and cry over the failure of the civic body to execute the Bus Rapid Transit System (BRTS) in city, the PMPML seems to have finally decided to take up its job seriously. It has now decided to appoint experts for the dedicated BRTS cell. Going a step further, it has also asked the applicants to take a ride on BRTS route before appearing for interview.
"The posts would be on contractual basis for two years, which can be extended considering the requirement and performance," said R N Joshi, chairman and managing director of PMPML. "The interested candidates are advised to study the BRTS project and take a ride in BRTS before coming for interview," Joshi said.
Civic activist Jugal Rathi said the objective of PMPML might be to make the applicants learn lessons from the mistakes in the existing BRTS that is being implemented. "The existing BRTS does not fall in the concept of the real BRTS. It is non-existent in the city and the applicants cannot get the experience of how the BRTS should be going by what we have here," he said adding that one had to visit other places to understand BRTS as the city has failed in its implementation. Rathi said the civic administration should have studied the BRTS before taking up the project as it has spent funds but has nothing to show. A total of 34 persons would be appointed for the BRTS cell, including an administration and transport manager equivalent to deputy chief executive officer for financial and transport management, eight assistant managers one each for urban transportation planning, operation, information technology, civil, human resource training, electrical, workshop depot and finance.
A security officer and two security supervisors, two depot supervisors, eight field officer for operations and four field officer for civil, two field officers for planning, electrical work and IT analyst would also be appointed. An assistant auditor and sanitary inspector too will be part of the team.
- China is not India’s sibling, nor is China India’s nemesis
- Bureaucrats are an obstacle in path of ‘parivartan’, ‘vikas’
- Out of my mind: Netaji will always remain a promise never fulfilled
- Reverse Swing: A Manifesto for Middle-Eastern Migrants in Europe
- Equality before law must be accompanied by equality in social practices
- Indian policymakers underestimate problems emanating from emerging economies