PM's press meet: Manmohan Singh's top 10 quotes
- Arvind Kejriwal calls 'emergency' Assembly session to discuss Centre's notification on Lt Governor's role
- Celebrations in AIADMK camp as Jayalalithaa becomes Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- No full statehood rights to Delhi unless there is consensus, says Arun Jaitley
- Gujjar protest to continue as talks with Rajasthan govt fail
- Heat wave toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana reaches 223
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh held a rare press conference and presented the UPA II's performance report. Here are the top ten quotes from the press meet.
1. I sincerely believe what Narendra Modi is saying is not going to materialise: PM on Modi's 'dream' of becoming PM.
2. If you measure the strength of Prime Minister by presiding over mass massacre of innocent citizens on streets of Ahmedabad, then I do not believe in it: PM
3. History will be kinder to me than the contempory media and the opposition parties in Parliament: PM
4. My best moment as PM was when we struck a nuclear deal with the US, says PM.
5. I have always felt that our government would have strengthened if Rahul Gandhi had joined it: PM
6. I have ruled myself out as a PM candidate if UPA comes back to power. Rahul Gandhi has outstanding credentials to be the PM candidate: PM.
7. No individual or authority can substitute the due process of democratic governance: PM
8. We are set for better times, says PM highlighting growth rate in past 9 years is the highest.
9. When history is written, we will come out unscathed: PM.
10. Corruption charges against government relate to UPA-I and people of the country have not heeded to those charges and given us a second term: PM