Poet Umashankar Joshi’s works go online
- Bihar: School director dies after mob assault over death of two students
- PM spoke about Rakhi, but neglected Muslims during 'Ramzan': Congress
- Watch video: CCTV captures Mumbai local ramming into station
- Another Vyapam scam accused dies; 24th death in the case
- Sushma's Ministry declines info under RTI on Lalit Modi's passport issue
Gangotri Trust, chaired by noted academic Niranjan Bhagat, on Wednesday launched a website dedicated to the late poet Umashankar Joshi to mark his birth centenary year.
The bilingual website —www.umashankarjoshi.in — will contain over 416 issues of his famous magazine, Sanskriti, from 1947 to 1984 besides rare photographs, rendition of poems in Joshi's voice and many other features like his works, titles of his books, drafts of writings of the late poet in his own handwriting.
Sanskriti will be uploaded completely on the website on July 21, Joshi's birthday, said Apurva Ashar, who has prepared the website. Svati Joshi, daughter of the late poet, is its editor.