Polaris to launch high-end motorcycle in India by 2013-end
- Putin calls Turkey's downing of Russian jet 'stab in the back'
- Today, world looks towards India with great faith: PM in Singapore
- Aamir Khan at RNG awards: Here is the complete conversation
- Bomb attack on Tunisia presidential guard bus kills 11
- BJP MLA suspended from Delhi Assembly for abusing AAP legislator Alka Lamba
US-based Polaris Industries will launch its high-end motorcycle 'Victory' in the Indian market by this year-end, a top company official said today.
"Yes we have decided to launch in the market by the end of 2013," Pankaj Dubey, Managing Director and Country Head, Polaris Indis, said.
However, he refused to divulge details of the high-end motorcycle and also the pricing strategy, saying it is too early to decide on prices.
The vehicle is being sold at over Rs 26 lakh in the US and other markets, Dubey, who was here to launch an Off Road Adventures (track), said.
On Off-road vehicles,he said Polaris has demonstrated various types of All Terrain Vehicles to the Defence, Police and paramilitary forces, as these can be used in surfaces like beach sand, mining areas, thick jungles and rough surfaces.
The 'Military Racer' from the company would be good for use in police and paramilitary forces, as it has infrared light, was a multi utility vehicle and could also fire 360 degree range, he said, adding negotiations are on with the departments and the company expects good orders from India.
It can be used by the Coast Guard and also to man border areas to protect the nation from enemy attack, he said.
By 2017-18, the company aims to do business of Rs 500 crore, Dubey said.
- Newspaper is supposed to expose corruption and injustice wherever it finds it
- For many Bangladeshis, they hint at closure for 1971
- The big question: Proper returns to farmers
- Delhi HC versus DDCA
- Frequent promulgation of ordinances has more to do with managerial ethos
- Indian peacekeeping abroad: Samantha Power shows some deft diplomacy