Police arrest ex-producer in Jimmy Savile child abuse case
- Nitish Katara murder case: Delhi HC upholds life sentence of Vikas Yadav, two others; calls it honour killing
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Modi says Shastri was the best Congressman; Varun praises Rahul
- DGCA calls SpiceJet Re 1 ticket offer malpractice, asks to stop it immediately
- âTehseen names new Indian Mujahideen duo in 2010 Jama Masjid shootingâ
- 8.2 magnitude earthquake strikes off Chile; tsunami alert issued
British police investigating allegations of child abuse against the late BBC presenter Jimmy Savile arrested one of his former producers today on suspicion of sexual offences, media and officials said.
Wilfred De'ath, 75, who produced a radio show for Savile, told the Telegraph newspaper online that he had been arrested at his flat in Cambridge. He said he was a victim of mistaken identity.
An actress had alleged that he had abused her when she was 14 in 1965 after seeing him on a TV documentary about Savile last month. But he insisted he had done nothing wrong.
Police confirmed that an unnamed man in his 70s was arrested today as part of the Savile probe, before being bailed.
De'ath is the third person arrested in the probe, after former glam rocker Gary Glitter and comedian Freddie Starr were held and bailed. Starr has strenuously denied any allegations of abuse.
- ‘Fake’ MBA admission: Iranian girl untraceable as cops busy with polls
- To avoid election duty, teachers flock to doctors to get medical certificates
- Arun Bhatia hopes to get third time lucky
- Congress complains against Narendra Modi for poll code violation
- Flying squads deployed to check flow of liquor and gifts yet to spot offenders
- Flaunt the indelible ink on your finger, and get freebies