Police arrest notorious criminal
- Gujjars intensify agitation for job quota, block Delhi-Mumbai rail track
- Video: Mumbai graduate denied job for being Muslim, Minorities Commission seeks explanation from company
- Geelani's 'incomplete' passport application cannot be processed: MEA
- Manish Sisodia launches counter-attack, says AAP govt trying to stop officers' transfer-posting industry
- 'You are the apple of my eye': Osama bin Laden's son's letter to wife
The Anti-Organised crime cell of Pune police arrested a notorious criminal involved in more than 30 cases of armed robberies and have recovered gold ornaments, valuables and bikes, all worth Rs 15 lakh, from him. Working on a tip-off from the informants of police naik Tanaji Kamble, a team from the cell had arrested Akash Hemraj Pardeshi (20) of Yerawada on November 16. Inspector Balkrushna Kutwal said, "The subsequent investigation revealed that Pardeshi has been involved in more than 30 cases of robberies under various police stations. We have recovered 500 grams of gold, cell phones and bikes all worth 15 lakh from him." The investigation was done by additional CP Shahaji Solunke, DCP Rajesh Bansode and ACP Vinod Satav.