Police arrest two in connection with Rishi Nagar robbery
- Don't just love Kashmir for its beauty, love it for its people: Congress tells PM Narendra Modi
- LIVE: Do not distinguish between the land and people of Kashmir, says Derek O'Brien
- Gujarat: Forced out, these Dalits are refugees 15 km from home
- Vasundhara Raje admits to problem: Gau rakshak shops asking for more
- We walk the road Vajpayee mapped, Kashmir can feel Azadi that India has: Modi
In a robbery case that took place on Friday at Rishi Nagar in which Rs 40 lakh had been taken, two more accused were arrested on Saturday.
The police recovered Rs 30.48 lakh in cash and jewellery worth Rs 50 lakh from the possession of the accused.
The accused who have been arrested have been identified as Jasbir Singh alias Jassi of Karmsar colony of New Subhash Nagar and Roshan Lal of Santokh Nagar.
Rajiv Jain alias Raju, key accused and distant relative of Hosiery owner Rajesh Kumar Jain was arrested with Rs 13 lakh in cash and jewelry on Friday.
Addressing a press conference on Saturday, Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police (city-1), Nilambari Jagdale claimed the police arrested Jasbir Singh and Poshan lal on Saturday from a naka put up at Subhash Nagar Chowk in Basti Jodhewal area on Saturday.
The accused were commuting in a three-wheeler and tried to escape after seeing the police party, but they were chased and caught by the police.
- She has not let anyone down. The people of India have let down Irom Sharmila
- Poor management of floods afflicts the Assam economy
- Several problems and hurdles lie ahead in the implementation of the GST regime
- Triple talaq: Indian Muslims must find a solution in accordance with the teachings and spirit of Islam
- In Brazil, majestic horses leapt over hurdles. In India, the holy cow lay low
- Una awakening: New focus on land distribution for redemption of Dalit dignity