Police arrest two in connection with Rishi Nagar robbery
- Election LIVE: BJP's third candidate list out, Ram Kripal to contest from Patliputra against Lalu's daughter
- Show us the money, Supreme Court says, refuses bail to Subrata Roy
- December 16 gangrape: Delhi High Court upholds death to four convicts
- India joins global search to locate missing Malaysia Airlines plane
- Shiv Sena hits out at BJP, asks it to follow "alliance dharma"
In a robbery case that took place on Friday at Rishi Nagar in which Rs 40 lakh had been taken, two more accused were arrested on Saturday.
The police recovered Rs 30.48 lakh in cash and jewellery worth Rs 50 lakh from the possession of the accused.
The accused who have been arrested have been identified as Jasbir Singh alias Jassi of Karmsar colony of New Subhash Nagar and Roshan Lal of Santokh Nagar.
Rajiv Jain alias Raju, key accused and distant relative of Hosiery owner Rajesh Kumar Jain was arrested with Rs 13 lakh in cash and jewelry on Friday.
Addressing a press conference on Saturday, Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police (city-1), Nilambari Jagdale claimed the police arrested Jasbir Singh and Poshan lal on Saturday from a naka put up at Subhash Nagar Chowk in Basti Jodhewal area on Saturday.
The accused were commuting in a three-wheeler and tried to escape after seeing the police party, but they were chased and caught by the police.
The Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police said that Jasbir Singh and Roshan Lal are distant relatives.