Police arrest two in connection with Rishi Nagar robbery
- Omar on Burhan Wani: He is the new 'icon' of disaffected community
- The worry: What Burhan Wani's death could give life to
- Kashmir: Amarnath Yatra suspended after Hizbul Mujahideen commander's death
- At least 5 women in 15 from Kerala missing, feared to be with ISIS
- The engagements PM Modi has in Durban today
In a robbery case that took place on Friday at Rishi Nagar in which Rs 40 lakh had been taken, two more accused were arrested on Saturday.
The police recovered Rs 30.48 lakh in cash and jewellery worth Rs 50 lakh from the possession of the accused.
The accused who have been arrested have been identified as Jasbir Singh alias Jassi of Karmsar colony of New Subhash Nagar and Roshan Lal of Santokh Nagar.
Rajiv Jain alias Raju, key accused and distant relative of Hosiery owner Rajesh Kumar Jain was arrested with Rs 13 lakh in cash and jewelry on Friday.
Addressing a press conference on Saturday, Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police (city-1), Nilambari Jagdale claimed the police arrested Jasbir Singh and Poshan lal on Saturday from a naka put up at Subhash Nagar Chowk in Basti Jodhewal area on Saturday.
The accused were commuting in a three-wheeler and tried to escape after seeing the police party, but they were chased and caught by the police.
- Economic reforms: In the next 25 years we have a good chance of wiping out poverty completely
- This new fight between good and evil is going to be long and bloody
- The origins of the Brexit vote, indeed of the need to call the Referendum, lie in the recent past of the Conservative Party
- Smriti Irani’s downfall came about largely because she had alienated most of her Cabinet colleagues
- Let’s celebrate Madras HC verdict on Perumal Murugan. But do we need the court to allow us to tell stories?
- Sabri’s killing gives a measure of how Pakistan has allowed the city to drift