Police arrest two in connection with Rishi Nagar robbery
- Gandhi vs Gandhi: Priyanka slams Varun, says LS poll not a family tea party
- Supreme Court grants recognition to transgenders as third category of sex
- SC rejects Kejriwal's plea to stay trial in defamation case filed by Kapil Sibal's son
- Unethical, betrayal: Prime Minister Manmohan Singhâs daughter voices family anger
- Modi equates Rahul with kids, says âtoffeeâ has caught his fancy after âballoonâ
In a robbery case that took place on Friday at Rishi Nagar in which Rs 40 lakh had been taken, two more accused were arrested on Saturday.
The police recovered Rs 30.48 lakh in cash and jewellery worth Rs 50 lakh from the possession of the accused.
The accused who have been arrested have been identified as Jasbir Singh alias Jassi of Karmsar colony of New Subhash Nagar and Roshan Lal of Santokh Nagar.
Rajiv Jain alias Raju, key accused and distant relative of Hosiery owner Rajesh Kumar Jain was arrested with Rs 13 lakh in cash and jewelry on Friday.
Addressing a press conference on Saturday, Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police (city-1), Nilambari Jagdale claimed the police arrested Jasbir Singh and Poshan lal on Saturday from a naka put up at Subhash Nagar Chowk in Basti Jodhewal area on Saturday.
The accused were commuting in a three-wheeler and tried to escape after seeing the police party, but they were chased and caught by the police.
The Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police said that Jasbir Singh and Roshan Lal are distant relatives.
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties