Police ask for juvenile’s bone test to check age
- Janata Parivar Wedding: PM Narendra Modi 'showstopper' at Saifai
- Sena defends Modi suit auction, says see what amount Rahul's wardrobe would fetch
- The net widens: Top executives from five firms, two consultants arrested
- After Manjhi anti-climax, Nitish begins second act: ‘With folded hands, sorry’
- Congress yet to apologise for coal loss, says PM Narendra Modi
Police have requested for an ossification test of the juvenile arrested for the torture and gangrape of a 23-year-old paramedic student. The birth certificate of the boy puts his present age as 17 years and six months, barring police from formally arresting him.
Investigations so far have revealed that the juvenile was the most aggressive of the six who assaulted the woman and her friend, a 28-year-old engineer, on board a moving bus on December 16.
A police officer said, "The juvenile worked as a bus cleaner. He was the most aggressive in assaulting the woman. He started the violence in the bus. Age proof certificate indicates that he is a minor, who will turn 18 in the next few months. We have our doubts and doctors will ascertain his age."
If ossification test proves that he is above 18 years, police will present the report in court and arrest him. He will be sent to Tihar Jail, instead of a juvenile correction facility.