Police bust sex racket in Ahmedabad hotel
- Rafale deal: India sign agreement with France to acquire 36 fighter jets
- Subrata Roy set to go back to Tihar jail; SC declines to extend parole
- Explained: Restricting Pakistan's access to Indus easier said than done
- MNS-affiliate sets 48-hour deadline for Pakistani artists to leave India
- BJP-BDJS alliance in Kerala on verge of collapse hints leader
The Ahmedabad Detection of Crime Branch (DCB) raided a hotel at Khanpur area in Ahmedabad in early hours of Tuesday and arrested three persons for allegedly running a brothel in the hotel. The police also arrested some sex workers and a customer in the hotel.
Three persons arrested for carrying out a sex racket in Abhishek Hotel have been identified as Ravinder Kaur alias Sonu from Mithakhali, Ashwin Chaturani from Satellite and Prabhu Venugopal from the hotel premises. The accused were booked under the Immoral Trafficking Act.
According to DCB, Ravinder used to bring bargirls and call girls at the hotel from outside the state. Chaturani is the owner of the hotel and Venugopal is the manager, said police.
The DCB also arrested Vipul Dhaka (Soni), a resident of Satellite area in Ahmedabad, who was with a call girl at the hotel during the raid.
According to DCB, Ravinder also used her flat at Mithakhali for prostitution activity and called girls from Mumbai, Kolkata and Delhi. Ravinder reportedly paid very high price to these girls and money to the owners of the Abhishek Hotel.
- Pakistan and India must get together to isolate the Kashmir issue
- GST is reform long delayed, but there may be good reason not to hurry it through now
- Gau rakshak vs Make in India
- Pope Francis’ message is one that India and Pakistan must hear
- Dengue & chikungunya can be tackled via swift surveillance, sustained controls
- TV channels tossed violent suggestions as casually as a peanut in the mouth