Police bust sex racket in Ahmedabad hotel
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
The Ahmedabad Detection of Crime Branch (DCB) raided a hotel at Khanpur area in Ahmedabad in early hours of Tuesday and arrested three persons for allegedly running a brothel in the hotel. The police also arrested some sex workers and a customer in the hotel.
Three persons arrested for carrying out a sex racket in Abhishek Hotel have been identified as Ravinder Kaur alias Sonu from Mithakhali, Ashwin Chaturani from Satellite and Prabhu Venugopal from the hotel premises. The accused were booked under the Immoral Trafficking Act.
According to DCB, Ravinder used to bring bargirls and call girls at the hotel from outside the state. Chaturani is the owner of the hotel and Venugopal is the manager, said police.
The DCB also arrested Vipul Dhaka (Soni), a resident of Satellite area in Ahmedabad, who was with a call girl at the hotel during the raid.
According to DCB, Ravinder also used her flat at Mithakhali for prostitution activity and called girls from Mumbai, Kolkata and Delhi. Ravinder reportedly paid very high price to these girls and money to the owners of the Abhishek Hotel.
Ravinder was arrested previously also for working as an aid in the prostitution business.