Police bust sex racket in Ahmedabad hotel
- Myanmar says operation on militants was on Indian side of border
- Somnath Bharti's wife accuses him of domestic violence, DCW issues notice
- Debt-stressed Punjab farmer, who met Rahul Gandhi, commits suicide
- Jitender Tomar did not graduate from our varsity: RML Awadh University
- Railways staggers tatkal booking to ease pressure, upto 50 pc refund on cancellation
The Ahmedabad Detection of Crime Branch (DCB) raided a hotel at Khanpur area in Ahmedabad in early hours of Tuesday and arrested three persons for allegedly running a brothel in the hotel. The police also arrested some sex workers and a customer in the hotel.
Three persons arrested for carrying out a sex racket in Abhishek Hotel have been identified as Ravinder Kaur alias Sonu from Mithakhali, Ashwin Chaturani from Satellite and Prabhu Venugopal from the hotel premises. The accused were booked under the Immoral Trafficking Act.
According to DCB, Ravinder used to bring bargirls and call girls at the hotel from outside the state. Chaturani is the owner of the hotel and Venugopal is the manager, said police.
The DCB also arrested Vipul Dhaka (Soni), a resident of Satellite area in Ahmedabad, who was with a call girl at the hotel during the raid.
According to DCB, Ravinder also used her flat at Mithakhali for prostitution activity and called girls from Mumbai, Kolkata and Delhi. Ravinder reportedly paid very high price to these girls and money to the owners of the Abhishek Hotel.
Ravinder was arrested previously also for working as an aid in the prostitution business.