Police bust sex racket in Ahmedabad hotel
- If Pakistan has sympathy for Kashmiri youth, they shouldn’t provoke them to attack army camps: Mehbooba Mufti
- Dhaka cafe attack mastermind, 2 others killed in police encounter
- Rio 2016 review: What they did at home, what in Olympics
- Buzz of change in Maldives, Mohammed Nasheed flies secretly to Lanka
- Kashmir: Police constable shot dead by terrorists
The Ahmedabad Detection of Crime Branch (DCB) raided a hotel at Khanpur area in Ahmedabad in early hours of Tuesday and arrested three persons for allegedly running a brothel in the hotel. The police also arrested some sex workers and a customer in the hotel.
Three persons arrested for carrying out a sex racket in Abhishek Hotel have been identified as Ravinder Kaur alias Sonu from Mithakhali, Ashwin Chaturani from Satellite and Prabhu Venugopal from the hotel premises. The accused were booked under the Immoral Trafficking Act.
According to DCB, Ravinder used to bring bargirls and call girls at the hotel from outside the state. Chaturani is the owner of the hotel and Venugopal is the manager, said police.
The DCB also arrested Vipul Dhaka (Soni), a resident of Satellite area in Ahmedabad, who was with a call girl at the hotel during the raid.
According to DCB, Ravinder also used her flat at Mithakhali for prostitution activity and called girls from Mumbai, Kolkata and Delhi. Ravinder reportedly paid very high price to these girls and money to the owners of the Abhishek Hotel.
- In Kashmir, so-called solutions are riddled with contradictions and divisions
- Why personal, social and political self-identification of Dalits must count more than legal nomenclature.
- The draft surrogacy bill violates the fundamental right of people to choose modes of parenthood
- Realpolitik drives Myanmar’s outreach to India and China
- Epidemics in India are seldom followed by a long-term response
- Pakistan army has a battle to win: The corruption within