Police bust sex racket in Ahmedabad hotel
- Yadav, Bhushan wanted party's defeat in Delhi polls, allege AAP leaders
- Chhattisgarh PDS rice scam: probe widens as police find a list with names, alleged bribes
- Land bill on table, government tells opposition willing to make changes
- His last detention against norms, red flag pre-dated Mufti govt
- Assam MLA claims he warned cops before Dimapur lynching
The Ahmedabad Detection of Crime Branch (DCB) raided a hotel at Khanpur area in Ahmedabad in early hours of Tuesday and arrested three persons for allegedly running a brothel in the hotel. The police also arrested some sex workers and a customer in the hotel.
Three persons arrested for carrying out a sex racket in Abhishek Hotel have been identified as Ravinder Kaur alias Sonu from Mithakhali, Ashwin Chaturani from Satellite and Prabhu Venugopal from the hotel premises. The accused were booked under the Immoral Trafficking Act.
According to DCB, Ravinder used to bring bargirls and call girls at the hotel from outside the state. Chaturani is the owner of the hotel and Venugopal is the manager, said police.
The DCB also arrested Vipul Dhaka (Soni), a resident of Satellite area in Ahmedabad, who was with a call girl at the hotel during the raid.
According to DCB, Ravinder also used her flat at Mithakhali for prostitution activity and called girls from Mumbai, Kolkata and Delhi. Ravinder reportedly paid very high price to these girls and money to the owners of the Abhishek Hotel.
Ravinder was arrested previously also for working as an aid in the prostitution business.