Police, CFSL team fail to meet victim
- 15 security personnel killed as Naxals attack CRPF convoy in Chhattisgarh
- Rahul compares Modi with Hitler, says Gujarat CM behaves arrogantly
- Missing Malaysia airline: Man travelling on stolen passport identified as Iranian
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
High drama was witnessed on Sunday as the UT Police and a team of the Central Forensic Science Laboratory (CFSL) spent the entire day trying to get in touch with the victim allegedly gangraped by five constables. The CFSL team wanted to question the victim in order to reconstruct the scene of the crime.
The CFSL team had earlier searched the belongings of the five constables. "We have a few queries for the victim; we want to know the time and the place of occurrence of the alleged offence. This is just to find more clues to draw a timeline of the series of events," said a CFSL team member.
"Apart from the rented rooms and the PCR vans, there are still a few possible spots of crime which are currently unidentified. The CFSL team wants to identify those spots so that relevant evidence can be collected from there. The team also wants to collect the blood sample of the victim for a DNA match with that of the accused," said a senior police officer.
However, even at the end of the day, the victim could not be contacted by them. "The victim was informed at 10 in the morning that Deputy Superintendent of Police Kamla Meena wants to meet her. They were asked to choose a place and time which suited them," said one of the senior UT Police officers.
When no communication was received, DSP Meena along with other members of the Special Investigation Team (SIT) visited the victim's residence at 1 pm and later in the evening. Several calls were exchanged between councillor Saurabh Joshi, the victim's cousin Vinod as well as the police to contact the victim.
"DSP Kamla Meena visited the victim's residence along with Inspector Harjit Kaur, area SHO Malkit Singh and IO of the case, SI Usha Rani. The victim was not at her house. The victim's father told the officers that his daughter was with Saurabh Joshi. The victim's father gave a written confirmation of the same and the entire conversation between the SIT and him was videotaped," said the officer.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express