Police conduct flag march for safe Holi
- Pakistan court declares 26/11 accused Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi's detention void
- Chairs broken, MLAs faint in Kerala Assembly as Finance Minister KM Mani presents budget
- ‘Love jihad’ gets a Bengal reply: Bahu lao, Beti bachao, ‘purify’ Muslim brides
- Kolkata Park Street rape victim dies
- LIVE: PM Modi arrives in Sri Lanka; assures visa on arrival for Lankan nationals
The police conducted a flag march for safe Holi in Sarabha Nagar, Ghumar Mandi and Krishna Mandir area on Tuesday.
Patrolling and checking of youth and others present in the area was done to look for drugs and other banned material. The police also told the residents to play Holi safely without consuming drugs, alcohol and without indulging in sexual harassment.
Mandeep Singh, SHO, Sarabha Nagar, said, "The flag march was carried out for making residents aware of crimes which occur on day of Holi."
The police also held a drive against triple riding. They made residents aware of helmet wearing. Police commissioner Ishwar Singh said for Holi, 35 nodal points had been marked in the city where police teams would be on special duty to ensure safety of all. Security had been tightened near schools, colleges, malls and theatres.