Police conduct flag march for safe Holi
- Election LIVE: Congress releases second list of candidates for 71 seats
- Supreme Court denies bail for Sahara chief Subrata Roy
- December 16 gangrape: Delhi HC upholds death sentence of four convicts
- US investigators suspect missing Malaysia jetliner flew for hours after losing contact
- Shiv Sena hits out at BJP, asks it to follow "alliance dharma"
The police conducted a flag march for safe Holi in Sarabha Nagar, Ghumar Mandi and Krishna Mandir area on Tuesday.
Patrolling and checking of youth and others present in the area was done to look for drugs and other banned material. The police also told the residents to play Holi safely without consuming drugs, alcohol and without indulging in sexual harassment.
Mandeep Singh, SHO, Sarabha Nagar, said, "The flag march was carried out for making residents aware of crimes which occur on day of Holi."
The police also held a drive against triple riding. They made residents aware of helmet wearing. Police commissioner Ishwar Singh said for Holi, 35 nodal points had been marked in the city where police teams would be on special duty to ensure safety of all. Security had been tightened near schools, colleges, malls and theatres.