Police constable shoots himself
- Hang me if I have committed crime, no apology: Modi
- Fifth phase of Lok Sabha elections in 121 seats on Thursday
- April 16 campaign roundup: Narendra Modi in firing line of Gandhis
- N Srinivasan faces serious charges, canât return until probe: Supreme Court
- Kolkata Knight Riders seal opener in comprehensive fashion
A police constable committed suicide here on Tuesday by shooting himself with his service gun at the residential quarters of the district central jail, police said.
The constable, identified as Nagendra Solanki, was deployed at the Rajkot Central jail and the cause behind the suicide was not immediately known, they said.
"After the duty hours, one of the constables today shot himself with his service rifle (SLR) at the residential quarters in prison compound," Gujarat Inspector General Prison P C Thakur said, adding that investigation has been ordered in the case.
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18
- The 'Silli' effect hold the surprise element in Ranchi
- ‘Cautious’ MU yet to send answer sheets for assessment, move may delay results
- AAP launches ‘Scam Expose Helpline’, to train people to conduct stings