Police constable shoots himself
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- Yeddyurappa among 52 Bharatiya Janata Party candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
A police constable committed suicide here on Tuesday by shooting himself with his service gun at the residential quarters of the district central jail, police said.
The constable, identified as Nagendra Solanki, was deployed at the Rajkot Central jail and the cause behind the suicide was not immediately known, they said.
"After the duty hours, one of the constables today shot himself with his service rifle (SLR) at the residential quarters in prison compound," Gujarat Inspector General Prison P C Thakur said, adding that investigation has been ordered in the case.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today