Police custody of Palande, Simran extended
- Solar scam case: Kerala court orders FIR against CM Oommen Chandy
- Supreme Court recalls order appointing former judge Virendra Singh as UP Lokayukta
- Arunachal Governor cited ‘cow slaughter’ protest as one sign of law & order collapse in state
- BJP leader held for alleged cow slaughter in Madhya Pradesh, gets expelled from party
- Indian-American Muslims flay Government move against AMU, Jamia
The Esplanade court on Friday extended police custody of Vijay Palande alias Karan Sood and Seema Dosaj alias Simran Sood in a cheating and forgery case registered against the duo, to November 11.
Apart from cases of murder and escaping from custody—he was rearrested— registered against him, this is the third case registered against Palande. He allegedly cheated one Murlidhar Watwani, an Andheri businessman.
According to the prosecution in March 2011, Manish Sainani, an Andheri-based real estate agent, had approached Watwani, asking him whether he wished to rent out his flat.
The complainant agreed and asked the dealer if anyone had actually approached him. On this, Sainani informed him that Karan and Simran Sood had contacted him and a leave-and-lease agreement was signed between the complainant and the accused.
- Dalit scholar’s death exposed inability of casteist Hindu to be modern
- Annotated edition of Hitler's Mein Kemph
- Why yuan matters Indian equity markets
- R-day and the saccharine sweet patriotism
- It is clear PM’s concept of nationhood extends beyond constitutional parameters
- The sensitive and old controversy about the minority character of AMU