Police custody of Palande, Simran extended
- Nitish trying to cheat Bihar, says Modi; CM replies PM disturbed with falling Sensex, GDP
- Manipur violence: Toll up to eight, three killed in police firing
- India script history, register first series win in Sri Lanka after 22 years
- Sheena, Mikhail my children, ready to undergo DNA test: Siddharth Das
- Market loses its nerve on weak GDP, Sensex tumbles 587 points
The Esplanade court on Friday extended police custody of Vijay Palande alias Karan Sood and Seema Dosaj alias Simran Sood in a cheating and forgery case registered against the duo, to November 11.
Apart from cases of murder and escaping from custody—he was rearrested— registered against him, this is the third case registered against Palande. He allegedly cheated one Murlidhar Watwani, an Andheri businessman.
According to the prosecution in March 2011, Manish Sainani, an Andheri-based real estate agent, had approached Watwani, asking him whether he wished to rent out his flat.
The complainant agreed and asked the dealer if anyone had actually approached him. On this, Sainani informed him that Karan and Simran Sood had contacted him and a leave-and-lease agreement was signed between the complainant and the accused.