Police evacuate protesters from Raisina Hill
- Rajnath Singh does a Sonia Gandhi, meets top Shia clerics in Lucknow
- Gandhi vs Gandhi: Priyanka slams Varun, says LS poll not a family tea party
- Supreme Court grants recognition to transgenders as third category of sex
- SC rejects Kejriwal's plea to stay trial in defamation case filed by Kapil Sibal's son
- Modi equates Rahul with kids, says âtoffeeâ has caught his fancy after âballoonâ
A number of protesters who stay put at Raisina Hill to protest the gang-rape of a young girl were evacuated early this morning.
The protesters, who spend a chilly night in the open after they fought pitched battle with police throughout the day yesterday, were taken into a bus by police.
Police had also picked up protesters from outside Congress chief Sonia Gandhi's 10, Janpath residence in the wee hours today.
In a surprise move, Gandhi had came out of her residence and met protesters late last night.
According to a protester, Gandhi told them "I am with you. I can't tell when the justice will be delivered, but surely it will be. We will do something."
The protesters when asked for a deadline, she said, "I can't give you a deadline but action will be taken." The detentions came as part of a police plan to contain protest near Raisina Hill, the seat of power.
Four metro stations near India Gate and Raisina Hill have already been closed from this morning till further orders.
The stations which remained closed were Patel Chowk, Central Secretariat, Udyog Bhavan and Race Course.
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties