Police file closure report in Agra blast case

Having failed to make any headway, the Agra police have filed the closure report in the case of the bomb blast at a private hospital in September last year in which six persons were injured. Inspector Santosh Kumar Yadav, who investigated the case, said he filed the closure report because "the accused involved in the crime could not be identified". However, the court has not yet accepted the closure report, said Yadav, who is in-charge of the Hariparwat police station.

The police said during investigation, they questioned several persons, including those who were injured in the blast, but failed to get any clue.

On September 17 evening, a bomb exploded at the first floor reception counter of a private hospital, which is around three kilometre away from the Taj Mahal. The police initially suspected it a terror incident and accordingly, sent a report to the Union Home Ministry. A team of the National Investigation Agency (NIA) visited the site and collected samples for examination. The state investigative agencies, including the anti-terror squad, were also involved in the investigation. Later, the UP police ruled out the terror angle and suspected business rivalry behind the incident. The police came to this conclusion as neither the materials used, nor the design of the explosive device pointed to the involvement of terrorists.

Please read our terms of use before posting comments
TERMS OF USE: The views expressed in comments published on indianexpress.com are those of the comment writer's alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of The Indian Express Group or its staff. Comments are automatically posted live; however, indianexpress.com reserves the right to take it down at any time. We also reserve the right not to publish comments that are abusive, obscene, inflammatory, derogatory or defamatory.