Police file murder chargesheet against husband of Kannada actress
- Espionage racket with ISI links busted in Jammu, Kolkata; BSF jawan among five arrested
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to attend UN climate summit
- Nepal releases 13 SSB personnel after brief detention
- Turkey to hand over body of dead Russian pilot to Moscow: PM
- Bhushan challenges Kejriwal for public debate on Lokpal Bill
The husband of Kannada TV actress Hemashri and another person were today chargesheeted for murdering her last year.
Surendra Babu, JDS worker and husband of the actress and his driver Satish were arrested few days after the murder on October 10 last year.
The 300-page chargesheet, submitted to Chief Metropolitan Magistrate (CMM) Court here, charged the duo with offences of murder, subjecting a woman to cruelty, causing disappearance of evidence or giving false information to screen offender and concealing design to commit crime under IPC sections, police sources said.
Hemashri, who had in the past complained of harassment by Babu, was proceeding to Hyderabad along with him in a car when she felt giddiness and started vomitting. She was rushed to a hospital but declared brought dead.
She had also filed a police complaint stating that her parents had married her "forcibly".
- True economic reform is one that makes a clean break from the past
- When Aamir chooses to talk about fears of Hindu intolerance, he does his faith a disservice
- Cricket is the only Indian religion in whose name people don’t kill each other
- There is a complaint about intolerance from those who frankly don’t like the change in govt
- Inside track: Changing tactics
- Good governance is in actions, not in 'abolishing' religious holidays of minorities