Police file murder chargesheet against husband of Kannada actress
- Aurangabad arms haul case: MCOCA court convicts 12 including Abu Jundal
- Rajnath Singh to visit Pakistan in August, attend Saarc meet
- Indigo flight makes emergency landing in Mumbai after passenger creates ruckus
- Assam floods: Sonowal directs ministers to visit constituencies as situation worsens
- Bhagwant Mann: Didn't breach security, even TV channels broadcast from Parliament
The husband of Kannada TV actress Hemashri and another person were today chargesheeted for murdering her last year.
Surendra Babu, JDS worker and husband of the actress and his driver Satish were arrested few days after the murder on October 10 last year.
The 300-page chargesheet, submitted to Chief Metropolitan Magistrate (CMM) Court here, charged the duo with offences of murder, subjecting a woman to cruelty, causing disappearance of evidence or giving false information to screen offender and concealing design to commit crime under IPC sections, police sources said.
Hemashri, who had in the past complained of harassment by Babu, was proceeding to Hyderabad along with him in a car when she felt giddiness and started vomitting. She was rushed to a hospital but declared brought dead.
She had also filed a police complaint stating that her parents had married her "forcibly".
- The amended act legalises child labour while claiming to do the opposite
- The concept of private members’ bill is central to a deliberative democracy
- Mahasweta Devi drew imaginary landscapes to narrate stories of the oppressed
- With the latest figures on industrial output, the case for a stimulus is pressing
- An open letter to new students entering Jawaharlal Nehru University
- Irom Sharmila calling off her fast against the AFSPA reflects the state’s failure to engage