Police file murder chargesheet against husband of Kannada actress
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
The husband of Kannada TV actress Hemashri and another person were today chargesheeted for murdering her last year.
Surendra Babu, JDS worker and husband of the actress and his driver Satish were arrested few days after the murder on October 10 last year.
The 300-page chargesheet, submitted to Chief Metropolitan Magistrate (CMM) Court here, charged the duo with offences of murder, subjecting a woman to cruelty, causing disappearance of evidence or giving false information to screen offender and concealing design to commit crime under IPC sections, police sources said.
Hemashri, who had in the past complained of harassment by Babu, was proceeding to Hyderabad along with him in a car when she felt giddiness and started vomitting. She was rushed to a hospital but declared brought dead.
She had also filed a police complaint stating that her parents had married her "forcibly".
Subsequently, she had also complained to the then Joint Commissioner of Police (Crime) Alok Kumar that she was being harassed by her husband.