Police find brothel where teen was dumped after abduction locked
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
A team of Ahmednagar police returned empty-handed Saturday from Shirpur in Dhule district, where an 18-year-old girl was allegedly dumped in a brothel after being kidnapped while on her way from Pune to Shirdi on January 3.
The team found the brothel locked and its keepers missing.
Investigation officer inspector Pradeep Ugale said, "Our team went to Shirpur but found nobody in the brothel. The suspects had fled."
He said the mobile phone from which extortion calls were allegedly made to the girl's fiance after the kidnapping was switched off.
"We are probing the phone calls received by the girl's fiance after she was kidnapped. Whether the kidnappers were known to him or not will be known only after arrest of the accused," said Ugale.
Meanwhile, Shiv Sena MLC Neelam Gorhe wrote a letter to Home Minister R R Patil demanding a CID probe into the case.
She said the allegation that the girl and her fiance were beaten with a belt by the Ahmednagar additional superintendent of police was serious and should be probed by CID.