Police find brothel where teen was dumped after abduction locked
- Elections 2014 LIVE: One polling officer dead, five injured in J&K militant attack
- Thousands turn up at Narendra Modi's Varanasi roadshow, BJP's PM candidate files nomination papers
- From Marandi vs Soren to Deora vs Sanyal: Top 5 battles in Lok Sabha polls Phase 6
- Rahul Gandhi joins sister Priyanka in attacking Narendra Modi on snoopgate
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, KKR vs RCB: KKR steady after losing two early against RCB
A team of Ahmednagar police returned empty-handed Saturday from Shirpur in Dhule district, where an 18-year-old girl was allegedly dumped in a brothel after being kidnapped while on her way from Pune to Shirdi on January 3.
The team found the brothel locked and its keepers missing.
Investigation officer inspector Pradeep Ugale said, "Our team went to Shirpur but found nobody in the brothel. The suspects had fled."
He said the mobile phone from which extortion calls were allegedly made to the girl's fiance after the kidnapping was switched off.
"We are probing the phone calls received by the girl's fiance after she was kidnapped. Whether the kidnappers were known to him or not will be known only after arrest of the accused," said Ugale.
Meanwhile, Shiv Sena MLC Neelam Gorhe wrote a letter to Home Minister R R Patil demanding a CID probe into the case.
She said the allegation that the girl and her fiance were beaten with a belt by the Ahmednagar additional superintendent of police was serious and should be probed by CID.
- At least 65 EVMs replaced in six Lok Sabha seats in Assam
- Twitter cofounder talks of 26/11, Indian farmers in new book
- UP records over 24 pc voter turnout till 11 AM, 20 per cent turnout in Chhattisgarh
- Arvind Kejriwal lashes out at BJP for attack on Somnath Bharti
- ANF official accused of killing youth a gallantry award winner
- Maharashtra: Poor turnout till 9 am in third phase of polling