Police find placenta, register case for foetus
- Indrani told ex-husband if Sheena dies, we share Peter’s fortune, says Police
- Patidar Protests: Gujarat braces for a funeral as Hardik Patel heads to Delhi today
- Govt plans to set up teams of experts to quickly react to ‘negative news’
- Uttarakhand, 2 years later: A reason to smile
- Inform me of your meetings with minister Prakash Javadekar: MoeF Secretary to team
The police overreacted over the recovery of a piece of flesh in a vacant plot in Deep Colony, Dhandhari Khurd area, on Monday.
The police misjudged the flesh piece with the placenta as foetus and registered a case against unidentified woman for illegal abortion and for throwing foetus in the open. They sent the foetus to the civil hospital for post-mortem.
However, the doctors at the Civil Hospital denied conducting a post-mortem on it, as they declared it as placenta. The doctors said it might be possible that a midwife administered delivery of a pregnant woman and she had thrown the placenta into the open.
After clarifying the matter, the police are in the process of cancelling the FIR registered in this context.
Earlier, the police registered the case following the statement of a shopkeeper, Brijesh Garg, of Dhandhari Khurd.