Police for CB-CID probe into studentís death
- 9 killed, over 40 injured as Bengaluru-Ernakulam Express train derails near Hosur
- SC says allegations grave, but grants relief to Teesta Setalvad in cheating case
- All you need to know about AAP's WiFi Delhi promise
- 19 killed as militants storm Shia mosque in Pakistan
- Modi’s cricket diplomacy: Renewing political contact with Pakistan
The Allahabad police has recommended investigations by the CB-CID in connection with the death of a first-year IT student, Anjali Yadav (19), in a private engineering college.
The incident had occurred in the hostel of the engineering college owned by United Group of Institutions under Industrial Area police station of trans-Yamuna on September 25.
A case of murder had been registered two days after the incident on a complaint lodged by her father, Awadh Kishore Yadav, a UP police constable currently posted in Urai (Jalaun) district.
Senior Superintendent of Police, Allahabad, Mohit Agarwal made a recommendation to this effect on Sunday. "The family members of the deceased were insisting on investigations by the CB-CID in the case. To ensure fair and independent investigations, SSP (Allahabad) has made recommendations for the same," said a statement issued by the Allahabad police.
In the early hours of September 25, Anjali, a resident of Kanpur (Dehat), died under mysterious circumstances in her hostel. She succumbed while being taken to Jeevan Jyoti Hospital after she suddenly collapsed in her hostel at 4.30 am. Anajli's post-mortem report had said that the cause of death was head injury.