Police gear up for Armyís Vijay Divas celebrations
- Days before Yasin Bhatkal was arrested, it was Monu who âdeliveredâ Rs 1 lakh cash to his wife
- Modi targets Kejriwal: âAK 49, an agent of Pakâ
- Rahul reminds BJP of 2004, says its campaign bubble will burst
- When camp is flooded, votes last thing on riot victimsâ mind
- SC says no to CBI probe, orders arrest of all Muzaffarnagar accused
After elaborate security arrangements at Chaityabhoomi for Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar's death anniversary, the Mumbai Police is now gearing up for the Indian Army's annual Vijay Divas celebrations at Shivaji Park from December 15 to December 17.
The celebrations will be held away from temporary structure where Thackeray was cremated. The police, however, will be on their toes, keeping an eye out for any untoward incidents. The atmosphere has been tense at Shivaji Park with trouble brewing over the demolition of the makeshift memorial.
"The army will have its own security apparatus. However, we will continue with our bandobast. At present, a platoon of our policemen and another of the SRPF have been deployed at Shivaji Park," said Dhananjay Kulkarni, DCP (Zone 5).
Another officer said additional reinforcements have also been put on standby, and that the main role of the police during the celebrations would be to control any reaction from Shiv Sena in case a decision regarding the demolition of the structure was announced at that time.
- Green chilli, chappals and stethoscope among 85 free symbols for Independent candidates
- Politicking peaks to new high in Maval: 3 Jagtaps, 2 Barnes jump into fray
- After Chavan’s pep talk, sulking Nimhan joins Cong-NCP poll campaign
- Keep country free of communalism, BJP and Modi: Pawar to voters
- I-League: Mehta goal keeps East Bengal at bay
- The Covered Girl