Police get custody of Sukhi in connection to two murders
- Lalit Modi to P Chidambaram: My passport was cancelled illegally by you
- Delhi Police to file chargesheet against Arvind Kejriwal, 20 AAP MLAs
- IIT JEE (Advanced) 2015 results out, MP girl Satvat Jagwani tops exam
- CBI registers case against Shankersinh Vaghela in land scam case
- Congress guns for resignations of Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
Two months after Sukhwinder Singh, alias Sukhi - a dreaded terrorist of the Khalistan Commando Force presumed dead until 2006, was arrested in Delhi for drug peddling, the Jalandhar police took custody of him on Saturday in connection to two murders committed 26 years ago. Police records had shown that Sukhi was killed in an encounter in 1992, when infact he had turned into a police informer and had even begun his own travel agency.
The recent move by Jalandhar police has put it under a scanner as Sukhwinder's identity has been known since 2006. SHO of police division six Rajinder Sharma said that Sukhi was brought from Delhi on Saturday and handed over to the Jalandhar police. He has since then been sent to judicial custody.
Sharma added that Sukhi was wanted in a murder case of one VK Khurana who was killed in 1986.
He is also wanted by the Jalandhar Rural police in a Nakodar murder case.
After Sukhi's identity was exposed in 2006, the then Punjab police DGP S S Virkhad openly admitted that Sukhi was rehabilitated and also disclosed that there were 300 other such informers.
When arrested, police recovered a US-made bullet-proof jacket, two mobile phones, around 20 credit cards issued in his and his wife's names. Sukhi's travel agency was registered in the name of a police head constable Tarwinder Singh.