Police have complete authority to probe case against Tarun Tejpal: Goa CM
- State Forest Dept guest house is police custody for Saharaâs chief
- Submarine mishaps: Navy had raised alarm with PMO, Defence Ministry
- Petrol price hiked by 60 paise per litre, diesel by 50 paise
- Govt hikes DA by 10% for 80 lakh employees & pensioners
- Chhattisgarh: Six policemen killed in Naxal ambush
Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar on Friday said police have complete authority to investigate the sexual assault case against Tehelka Editor Tarun Tejpal and they should not worry about the stature of the person involved.
"I have given complete authority to the police to investigate the case. I have told them don't worry whether the person is low profile or high profile. Stature does not count. What counts is the crime. You go by what is correct in law," the Chief Minister told the police.
He said attempt to rape charges have been pressed in the FIR against Tejpal.
"I am yet to see the FIR copy. What I know is they have pressed attempt to rape charge (against Tejpal)," he said.
He said he has given complete authority to the police to investigate the case and not to be worried about the stature of people involved.