Police in Karna on high alert following terror threat
- Elections 2014 Live: TMC workers beat up poll officials in Bengal; Rahul attacks Modi over Adani link
- Narendra Modi slams Mamata Banerjee, says she is playing vote bank politics
- #WhyiVoted: Let's hear it from India
- NSCN (IM) takes over Manipur booths, loads EVMs with votes
- Narendra Modi mentions wife Jashodaben in poll affidavit for first time
Police in Karnataka have been put on high alert and extra personnel deployed around vital installations following the threat of a terror attack in the state to avenge the execution of 26/11 attack convict Ajmal Kasab, Deputy Chief Minister R Ashok said today.
"There is threat of a terror attack in the state to avenge Ajmal Kasab's execution. Though central intelligence agencies have not issued an alert, government is not dismissing such a possibility. We have deployed over 3,000 securitymen at vital installations in the state," he said.
Police said security was beefed up in the wake of Jammu and Kashmir police tracing an e-mail threat to a cyber cafe here.
To a query, Ashok, who is also Home Minister, said the government is ready to hand over to Delhi Police 15 terror suspects arrested in August last for suspected links to Laskhar-e-Taiba and HUJI, after completing legal formalities.
"Delhi Police have approached the state seeking the custody of the suspects for interrogation,"he said.
- Neemu Bhoumik seeks LS entry; people’s issues, Raiganj roots in mind
- Another Bittu, Simerjit file papers as Independents
- Firing at district food and civil supplies office, one injured
- Day after stand-off with EC, Didi vows ‘revenge’ over ‘insult’ by Delhi
- ‘Hate’ speech: Amit Shah moves HC for stay on arrest, quashing of FIRs
- Adarsh Shastri ‘covers’ for AAP’s Jaaferi