Police in Karna on high alert following terror threat
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Police in Karnataka have been put on high alert and extra personnel deployed around vital installations following the threat of a terror attack in the state to avenge the execution of 26/11 attack convict Ajmal Kasab, Deputy Chief Minister R Ashok said today.
"There is threat of a terror attack in the state to avenge Ajmal Kasab's execution. Though central intelligence agencies have not issued an alert, government is not dismissing such a possibility. We have deployed over 3,000 securitymen at vital installations in the state," he said.
Police said security was beefed up in the wake of Jammu and Kashmir police tracing an e-mail threat to a cyber cafe here.
To a query, Ashok, who is also Home Minister, said the government is ready to hand over to Delhi Police 15 terror suspects arrested in August last for suspected links to Laskhar-e-Taiba and HUJI, after completing legal formalities.
"Delhi Police have approached the state seeking the custody of the suspects for interrogation,"he said.