Police inspector commits suicide
- Gulberg massacre verdict: 11 convicted for murder given life sentences
- Gulberg Society massacre: Darkest phase of civil society, says court
- This is not justice, my struggle continues, says Zakia Jafri on Gulberg sentencing
- Essar leaks: ‘Tip of iceberg...(chats) expose corruption in business, govt, politics’
- British Labour MP Jo Cox dies after being stabbed, shot by attacker
A police inspector, who had allegedly consumed pesticides to commit suicide about a week ago, died at MKCG Medical College and Hospital, the police said on Thursday.
Rajendra Panda, inspector of the district crime record bureau wing in Ganjam district, was admitted to the hospital on November 6 in a serious condition and he passed away yesterday, they said.
Panda died during treatment and his body was handed over to his family after a postmortem, sub-divisional police officer, Berhampur, B K Panigrahi, said.
The reason behind the extreme step taken by the inspector was yet to be ascertained, the police said.
- Islamists are far from ones seeking escape from ethical choices modernity confronts us
- Legislators must enforce accountability of the executive, exercise oversight
- Beneath the hype, the nervousness
- Imphal needs to build a consensus in the state on the bills rejected by the president
- Rebuilding The University
- Will regional parties shape India's national politics?