Police inspector commits suicide
- INS Sindhuratna mishap: One more disaster under his watch, Navy Chief Admiral D K Joshi resigns
- Narendra Modi beats Rahul Gandhi in popularity, says US think tank
- Lok Sabha polls: For Paswan & son, Gujarat 2002 is history for 2014
- Jayanthi scuttled, Moily clears GM crop trials
- UPAâs farewell gift: a house for Lalu, rent waiver for many
A police inspector, who had allegedly consumed pesticides to commit suicide about a week ago, died at MKCG Medical College and Hospital, the police said on Thursday.
Rajendra Panda, inspector of the district crime record bureau wing in Ganjam district, was admitted to the hospital on November 6 in a serious condition and he passed away yesterday, they said.
Panda died during treatment and his body was handed over to his family after a postmortem, sub-divisional police officer, Berhampur, B K Panigrahi, said.
The reason behind the extreme step taken by the inspector was yet to be ascertained, the police said.
Panda was deputed to Aska police station about a month ago as an additional inspector. He, however, did not join there and was on a sick leave, the police said.
- Fancy numbers: RTO in PCMC earns Rs 8 crore
- Alarm in Ukraine as Putin orders surprise army drills on border
- Arrests made but two sensational murders still unsolved
- Infosys ex-CFO not to contest polls for AAP
- Monsoon, not Manmohan, led to agri growth: Yashwant
- Now, BJP workers to donate blood equal to Modi’s weight