Police inspector commits suicide
- Mali hostage crisis ends as security forces gun down militants; 27 killed
- Sheena Bora case: Peter charged with murder, criminal conspiracy
- Nitish Kumar sworn in as Bihar Chief Minister; Lalu's sons in Cabinet
- UP keeps its distance from Bihar: Why Mulayam, Akhilesh didn't attend Nitish swearing-in
- Madras HC stays cancellation of Greenpeace India registration
A police inspector, who had allegedly consumed pesticides to commit suicide about a week ago, died at MKCG Medical College and Hospital, the police said on Thursday.
Rajendra Panda, inspector of the district crime record bureau wing in Ganjam district, was admitted to the hospital on November 6 in a serious condition and he passed away yesterday, they said.
Panda died during treatment and his body was handed over to his family after a postmortem, sub-divisional police officer, Berhampur, B K Panigrahi, said.
The reason behind the extreme step taken by the inspector was yet to be ascertained, the police said.
- Modi can leverage foreign policy to repair his domestic image
- Muslims biggest losers from our reservation policy, one that Bhagwat rightly wants reviewed
- If Pak state really cared for its people, it would put national economy above all else
- Despite little coverage in India, the Argentinian presidential election is significant
- Uday lacks a strong, accessible monitoring mechanism critical for its success
- What Mr Mani Shankar Aiyar won’t say