Police inspector commits suicide
- Rahul Gandhi brings up Narendra Modi's marital status at Doda rally
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Why should I condemn it, asks Deve Gowda on Mulayam Singh's 'rape' remark
- Congress rakes up Vajpayee's Rajdharma remark post 2002 Gujarat riots to take on Modi
- Those with blood on their hands should not speak about the country: Mamata
- After Mulayam's rape shocker, Abu Azmi suggests death for sex 'with or without consent'
A police inspector, who had allegedly consumed pesticides to commit suicide about a week ago, died at MKCG Medical College and Hospital, the police said on Thursday.
Rajendra Panda, inspector of the district crime record bureau wing in Ganjam district, was admitted to the hospital on November 6 in a serious condition and he passed away yesterday, they said.
Panda died during treatment and his body was handed over to his family after a postmortem, sub-divisional police officer, Berhampur, B K Panigrahi, said.
The reason behind the extreme step taken by the inspector was yet to be ascertained, the police said.
Panda was deputed to Aska police station about a month ago as an additional inspector. He, however, did not join there and was on a sick leave, the police said.