Police keep day and night vigil, 14 held, 263 challaned
- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
In order to contain anti-social elements, police are keeping day as well as night vigil. During this drive on Monday, as many as 14 persons were arrested by the night patrolling team. Out of these, three were held from Shaheed Bhagat Singh Nagar along with a motorcycle while another culprit was arrested from Shimlapuri who has been identified as Gurvinder Singh. He was living in Punjab Mata Nagar in a rented accommodation, and many cases of cheating and forgery were pending against him.
Police at division number 8 also arrested five persons with criminal record while two others were arrested by division number 5.
Chander Parkash, who hails from Phillaur, was arrested with habit-forming drugs, said Police Commissioner Ishwar Singh.
In addition to this, one abandoned Indica car was also found from Shimlapuri area.
Singh said that the night teams were working extra hard so as to assure people that they were on their job to nab the criminals.
Apart from this, the traffic department also challaned 263 persons for violating traffic rules and a fine of Rs 36,200 was collected on the spot while 48 cars were towed away for wrong parking. A fine of Rs 24,000 was collected from these violators.