Police let off boy detained for ‘abusive’ FB post on Raj
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- DMK denies ticket to Alagiri; Raja, Maran get renomination
- Coal scam: SC directs CBI to file five charge sheets by Mar 28
- Raj Thackeray warms up to Narendra Modi, lets Sena feel the heat
Sunil Vishwakarma (19) of Thane, detained on suspicion of posting an "objectionable" Facebook comment on Maharashtra Navnirman Sena chief Raj Thackeray, was let off after police found a "fake account" was created in his name.
"Sunil is cooperating and was allowed to go Wednesday night after initial questioning. He is not involved in the case," a senior police officer said.
Police are treading cautiously in the matter against the backdrop of suspension of two senior Palghar officers for arresting two girls for another FB post lamenting Mumbai shutdown during funeral of Sena chief Bal Thackeray on November 18.
Sunil has not been charged and police have sought legal opinion, a Palghar police officer said.
Thane (rural) MNS president Kundan Sankhe had claimed the boy made "abusive" comments about Raj and the people of Maharashtra, including women.
Additional superintendent of police S Nishandar told PTI late Wednesday night probe revealed a fake account was created in the name of Sunil and the "objectionable" comments posted.
Sunil last accessed his FB account on Monday, while the comment was posted the next day, he said.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress