Ahmedabad top cop bans ‘killer’ kite strings
- Defiant Giriraj stands by his remark, says Pakistan trying to stop Narendra Modi
- Modi attacks Gandhis again, wonders how Rahul can lead country when he can't handle Amethi
- Emissary row: Sanjay Saraf dismisses reports of carrying any message from BJP
- Modi would have ousted Vajpayee just like Jaswant, Advani: Rahul Gandhi
- The Third Front: Why transgenders remain a minority in election process
Ahead of Uttarayan from January 1 to January 14, city police commissioner S K Saikia has banned nylon and synthetic threads used for flying kites.
The order comes a day after a 28-year-old man who had suffered cuts from a manja-laced kite string while he was passing by Vastral area on his motorbike died at a city hospital Sunday.
Jitu Satarvadiya was on his way home on his motorbike when the string slashed his his neck.
The deceased, who is survived by wife and two young children, worked in a textile unit in Vatva.
Police have registered a case of accidental death and begun further probe.