Police not filing FIRs on Dalits' complaints in Maharashtra: NHRC
- Political parties can't be under RTI Act: Centre tells Supreme Court
- US stocks plunge in early trade; Dow Jones falls more than 1,000 points
- Black Monday: Sensex crashes 1,624 pts; Rs 7-lakh cr wiped out
- OROP row escalates, ex-serviceman on fast-unto-death shifted to hospital
- UN court to India: Suspend all trials against Italian marines
"We have also emphasised that citizens should not be denied their basic rights if they do not have the Aadhar unique identification number," he said.
The NHRC chairperson also said that the commission was inquiring into the allegations that police targeted Muslims during the recent riots in Dhule in north Maharashtra. "We have taken cognisance of the allegations and inquiry is on," he added.